Saturday 8 November 2008

THE ETERNAL PERSPECTIVE

I look at the world outside and at the other person
Then I look at myself
Sometimes I get sober on the inside
I ask questions
Questions that have always been asked
And which resonate every now and then in my heart
How did it all come about?
Where is it leading us to?

I want life, abundant life
But I can get only just my life span
And I burn inwardly for love untainted
But what comes comes with prizes and reserves
Then I ask where to find the truth in all these
Alas, only this and that opinion before me

I am discouraged and suspicious
Perhaps there is no need to worry
Just eat and drink whatever is present at present
And I say in my anxiety, 'Be free be free my heart
Cut the strings that holds from above'

But from time to time comes the knock on the door
That gets me uneasy with its calls
Afraid to open the door and sit a while in my depression
Somehow I find a way to dull the sound and continue
How long will it be, the subtle longing of my heart

Wake up, sleeping soul
Answer the phone that's been ringing
God is calling you because He love you
Come, He says, to the Spring of Life
And to the Love-Well that never dries
Come to the truth you are searching for
You are tired, come and rest in me.

No comments: